Monday, August 15, 2016

July 24, 2016:

Hello Everyone!

Box Hill
Even though things have generally been picking up because I am nearing the end of my mission, this week was a little bit slow. Many of our investigators were not able to meet for some reason or another. But we did have a few people come to church. Wumin and her daughters came to church. They do not understand any English, so we tried to get the daughters to talk to other Chinese kids. Wumin joined our Gospel Principles class. We have not taught her about commandments yet, but somehow we started to have a conversation about the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. She sounded a little hesitant at first, but as the conversation progressed, she started to support what we were saying, and told us how some old people she knew had a physical addiction to tea. We were pretty surprised at that, because normally people who reject these things do not change their own mind that fast. let alone start bearing testimony for us.

This p-day we are in the city to visit some sites and some museums. stay tuned for some pictures next week. 

The last 4 p-days I have are pretty much booked now. 2 of them will be doing fun things, and the other two will probably be spent packing and preparing.  President has been helping me out; letting me go to the city a couple of times before I leave. I am really thankful for that. 

People playing Pokemon Go.  We try to contact them.

I love my mission. Never again will I have the chance to help people 24/7, through teaching them about the gospel. I am making the most of my remaining time. At the same time, I am excited to see my family and friends back home. I wonder how many notifications my Facebook will have when I open it up for the first time in 2 years. What? haha. 

Doing service
Elder Jordan Andersen
楊長老
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment