Monday, August 22, 2016

Last Missionary Post: Bittersweet!

Wow it is quite surreal that this is my last p day. Olivia's baptism went well. She spoke during the baptismal meeting and she really has a testimony and wants to endure to the end. Then during church, she was really involved and answered a lot of questions where as before she would be doing things on her phone a lot. Perhaps the gift of the Holy Ghost at work. 

I have learned so much on my mission and met so many wonderful people and received so many blessings that I sometimes feel I don't even deserve. Bella, the girl that got baptized 2 weeks ago is doing well. We met her dad for the first time and he is really kind and supportive. Unfortunately he works every day and gets back at 9:00pm so it is hard to catch him and he can not go to church. We will continue to work with the mom. It is interesting that the 11 year old daughter can be the fellowship for her mom. 

Elder Dang and I just hope that the new missionaries will work hard and take care of the people and work with the members (a skill set that a lot of the Chinese branch missionaries lack). Oh yeah, Elder Dang will also move, and 2 new missionaries will move in. I want to go more into depth about my testimony and experiences on my mission, but I might have to write more when I get home, on a computer that is better. 

Leaving is really a bittersweet thing. I will miss so many people, and most of all, I will miss being able to serve my brothers and sisters full time. But I am also very excited to see my family and friends. 

Oh yeah, one more thing; we had ward conference this Sunday and I really liked one of the talks. The speaker talked about Hope. Everyone will experience negative things in their life. But there are so many positive things, it just depends on which you decide to focus on. You don't want to be so focused on the negative things that you are like an unbalanced scale. We all can have hope, especially people who truly understand our religion. Jesus Christ gives us hope, no matter what happens. I am really excited for all of the things that the future holds for me. I am excited for the next chapter of my life. It will not be a step down from before, but a continuation of things that I learned on my mission. I know that God loves us, and he has a plan for each one of us, and I know that because he sent Jesus Christ to the earth. No matter what kind of person you are, or where you come from, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is beneficial to every one. It is salvation.

Elder Jordan Andersen
楊長老
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152

Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment