Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 6: Elder Andersen baptized his first person this week.

First Transfer
Hello!

Zhou Jie Mae got baptized yesterday! The baptism was great. The spirit was so strong and it reminded me of my own baptism. My old companion Elder Eyring did a musical number on the piano, and Sister McFadden played the violin. I got to baptize her, so that was a first for me. Wow. It was quite the experience.


Besides the baptism, our area is very slow right now. We had about 4 lessons scheduled this week, and all of them canceled. So we went finding aaaaaall day. We got a few numbers, but no one scheduled a lesson yet. When school starts at the end of the month, the students will come back from China, and things will probably speed up.
Family, I think about you every day. I can't thank you enough for all you have done for me. Also my friends and role models back home. Thank You!

Q&A:

Is it difficult to track you finances, take care of food and laundry, etc?
The finances are difficult. Most of the English and Samoan missionaries get fed on a regular basis. I have never been fed by a member. So even though we don't get fed by members, we have the same amount of money for food. It's barely enough. We have a laundry machine right now which is really good. Some people don't and have to use their mission funds. We have a car right now, but we rarely use it. But if we get a ticket, or somethings happens, we have to pay. So sometimes people who get a ticket have to eat a lot of the 1 dollar white bread. We joke about that a lot here.

Are you studying the language a lot?
I try to study it when we have time, and of course speaking it helps a lot. I have a paper full of words that I read on the train a lot. I study hard when I have time.

How is your ward and ward mission leader/missionaries?
The ward leader's name is Elder Troy. He is a very funny guy. We don't have ward council, and our ward here, as I have said, is not a normal ward.

Do you think you are maturing a lot?
Maybe, but it is hard for me to judge that myself.

Until Next Week!


Elder Jordan Andersen
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment