Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 8: Australia Day!

Happy Austalia Day!



I am writing this letter on Australia Day. We have some secret zone P-day activity later today because of Australia Day. Probably games and a few other things.
Last week we had almost no lessons. This week was much better. We got some referrals, and had a few lessons. A coupe of the investigators are pretty interested. One is named Irene. She is middle-aged lady from Singapore. During the first lesson, she was so engaged, and she took 2 pages of notes on our lesson. I've never had anyone be that engaged before. A couple days later, we did a 24 hour companion exchange, so I did not get to teach her, but apparently that lesson went very well too.
Earlier this week we also got to go to the temple, and do a "New Missionary Review". The temple here is so small compared to the other temples I have been to, but it is so beautiful. I did an endownment. Then we had meetings for the review, and had some trainings on various things.
Every Suday we have been taking the Sacrament to Chen Di Xiong, an elderly Chinese member. I always look forward to visiting him. We give him the sacrament, discuss the gospel, and other random news he tells us about. It is a great chance to practice my Chinese. And apparently some crazy things are going on in the world, but I couldn't understand all that much because my Chinese is still not good. But it is improving. As is my capacity as a missionary.

Anyway, I hope everyone on the other side of the world is doing well. Feel free to write me. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment