Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 7: Australian Open "Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie....Oy Oy Oy"




Well, I think I take for granted how nice the area is that I serve in. Today is preparation day. We just got back from the opening day of the Australian Open (Tennis), and now I am emailing all of you from the State Library, a huge library with museum exibits in it. Last week we went around and saw a couple of the exhibits. One was a journalism photography exhibit, with some very interesting photos of fights, disasters, and super difficult-to-take photos. Another was an exhibit with super super old bibles, and other old books. Both were really cool.
Most of our zone went to the Australian Open. It was a lot of fun. The event is a huge deal here. I never knew how fun it is to watch tennis. So fast paced. We had to leave early, but when we left, an Australian guy was playing a German guy, and the crowd was going crazy, and shouting things like "Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie. . .. OyOyOy".




Besides the baptism, our area has been super slow. We did a ton of contacting again. We got a few contacts, and a few referrals, but almost all of them for some reason or other weren't able to meet with us. The Lord has odd ways of doing things. We just keep working, because we know that we are furthering the work, and things happen, but we just keep working hard and the know that blessings will come.
We also had an excellent devotional from Elder Pearson, a member of the 70. He is a super good teacher and speaker. That day, I wrote more in my spiritual notebook than I ever have before. Unfortunately I do not have that with me right now, but he talked a lot about how to be a better missionary, how a mission gives you Christlike Attributes, and how to feel the spirit more. Before he came, we did a survey that asked about lot of aspects of missionary work, and I think he used that as a guide for how to talk to us, so he helped out our mission a lot. He stayed an hour over (with permission) and answered questions and talked to us some more. He was awesome. I felt that a lot of what he said was directed towards me.

I wish I had more time to write, but the short letters are good too, right? Until next week.

http://elderjordanandersen.blogspot.com/

Elder Jordan Andersen
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment